Friday, January 17, 2014

Monitor Surveillance Technician
Duties and Responsibilities:
         
Monitor surveillance technicians observe the electrical activity of heartbeats which is displayed on a series of monitors in cardiac care units of hospitals. They examine the patterns and give the results to physicians and nursing staff.  They gather and report heart pattern information on patients. They also operate monitoring computers that simultaneously display multiple patient results. As well as identify heart pattern changes and abnormalities. They clean and maintain equipment, battery packs, and wiring systems.
Salary:
$26,000 - $41,000
Education:

Students who would wish to become Monitor Surveillance Technicians should take math, science, and computer technology classes in high school. After graduation from high school they should take training programs at vocational schools, community colleges, or hospitals.  Program length may be between three months and three years 

Reflection:


I don't think I would want to be a Monitor Surveillance Technician. I don't really like the idea of watching technology for long periods of time, also I don't think I'd like the pay for this job. In closing, no, I would not like this job for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment